When it comes to lunch time where can you go that’s close to the office and good value for your lunch dollar? The 10th Ave View would like to know your favourite spots. I’ve checked these out and have come up with a few. Please feel free to e-mail me with your choices.
1. Ruan Thai Restaurant – 101 – 1324 11th Avenue SW. Fabulous Thai food. Dine in $13.25 Take out $10.24
2. Mother Tuckers – 345 10th Avenue SW. Now when you’re really hungry check this spot out. 5 entrée’s, a table alone just for deserts. It’s so large its on two levels…Better be hungry $12.45
3. Community Health – 1304 – 10th Ave SW. Expansion is planned for this bright and healthy buffet. All salads and entrees $2.19/100g.
4. Surya Restaurant – 101, 1207 – 11th Ave. SW – Cuisine of India – The wonderful smells of Indian Cooking and a great atmosphere will great you at the door. Lunch Buffet Monday to Friday 11-2pm. You can also take away a “Lunch Box” – $9.52 + tax.
5. Co-Op Midtown Market – 1130 – 11 Avenue SW – With a self serve salad, lunch & dinner bar at $1.79/100 g this is a great buy. It gets a little crowded right at lunch so come early. Enjoy an outside south facing patio for those upcoming sunny days.
It looks like more changes are in store for 10th Ave. West of 14th Street as the city will be creating an intersection on 14th Street and 10th Ave to take the traffic pressure from 11th and 12th Avenue. The City will also change 12th Avenue feeder as it will be restricted it to one lane from Crowchild/Bow trail. This will take place some time this year. As the development continues on the Sunalta LRT Station parking will be changed to reflect the traffic flow and expect further restrictions. The good news is that the LRT station at the North end of 16th Street on 10th is going to be a very nice looking complex with patterned cement and lots of trees.
Building on 10th
1. 16th Street SW – Sunalta LRT station – [PROGRESSING]
2. Midtown Condo complex [PROGRESSING], finishing end of 2011. Two towers, East about 22 floors and the West tower about 27 floors, parking underground, a couple of floors of retail.
3. Condo Complex stalled out on the block between 8th & 9th Street.
4. Condo/Office Complex 201 – 10th Ave. SE The current plans are commercial on bottom, 7 floors of offices, and up to the 29th is condos. This project was stalled but will be progressing shortly.
Over a few days the old Magiclean building was leveled to make room for the new station scheduled to be completed late 2012. It has ushered in more change as our side streets are now restricted to 2 hour parking. Expect more construction and noise as the West end of 10th Ave goes through more changes.
Steve Casey and his crew have been hard at work and it shows as I observed on my tour of the new location. Drive as far west as you can go on 10th, under the overpass. Keep going until you get to the second right turn. And half way down is 2408-10th Ave. The offices have an open, airy atmosphere with a spectacular conglomerate floor in the lobby. There are plans for a waterfall, floor hockey space complete with spectator gallery, showers and a lounge area for staff.
For those not familiar with the company, Magiclean is a Disaster Restoration and Cleaning company that has been in business in Calgary since 1992. The company specializes in the areas of flood, mould, cleaning, and other water related emergency services. Magiclean is one of the companies under the umbrella of the Goliath Group.
Other companies under that umbrella are:
In His Service Inc.
All Season Motorsports Inc.
All Season Rental Adventures
Cornerstone Real Estate Enterprises Ltd.
Knight Watch Property Management
Mirrored Image Photography
Kilroy Home Services
For more info on this unique company and our neighbour on 10th check out http://www.goliathgroup.ca
January 7 – January 30, 2010
Opening reception: Jan. 7, 6-8pm
Artist in attendance
Summit Fine Art
1604 10ave SW, Calgary, Canada.
Spa Eternale is located at 1933 10th Ave SW; it is not your typical Spa. The Eternale is an innovative approach to health, beauty and rejuvenation utilizing gentle, non-invasive techniques such as micro-current to deeply relax the muscles, solfaggio tones to bring peace to the mind, and NLP scripts to instill healthy beliefs, behaviors and attitudes. Eternale Programs include offerings for energy restoration, stress reduction, weight and addiction management, sport enhancement and fitness, relaxation and self esteem building programs; as well as a host of selections designed to safely and gently bring about enhanced appearance of hair, face and skin.
I gave it a try and by the end of the 1/2 hour I was totally relaxed and ready to tackle the new year.